I hope this message finds each of you well and having enjoyed yesterday’s snow day. This morning as children came in to school there was lots of sharing of cookie baking, watching holiday movies in pajamas and playing in the snow! It truly is a magical time of year to be a child and their excitement is contagious!
The countdown to vacation, and the holidays, is on and with each passing day the energy level in the building is getting higher. We are also noticing an increase in absenteeism due to sickness. So that everyone can be healthy for the vacation and the holidays, I would ask that you remind children to wash regularly with soap and to cough and sneeze into elbows.
Please scroll down to see calendar updates and some important, timely reminders! Should you have any questions or concerns about anything in this newsletter, or any other aspect of your child’s RLS experience, please let me know. Do not hesitate to give me a call, to send an email or to stop by the office!
*At the top of this post, on the left hand side are a series of links to different pages of our blog. Click on the RLS 2016-2017 Calendar Link for a year long Google calendar. Some events only pertain to staff, but this calendar will be used to post all school events as well. Events are also posted to our Facebook page so that is a good resource to stay connected too! If you subscribe to the Facebook calendar you will get notifications which are helpful reminders!
- Tuesday, December 13: Girl Scout Information Night (click here for the flyer)
- Wednesday, December 14: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, December 14: Cookie Dough Order Fundraiser Pick-up, 3:00-6:00
- Friday, December 16: 3rd Grade Carolers to Grandview
- Saturday, December 17: Breakfast with Santa, 8:00-10:00, sponsored by the PTO
- Wednesday, December 21: Walking Wednesday
- Friday, December 23-Monday, January 2: Vacation
- Thursday, January 12: School Committee Meeting, 7:00
- Monday, January 16: No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tuesday, January 17: No School, Professional Development Day
- Week of January 23: Project Purple Week
- Wednesday, January 25: 1/2 Day for Professional Development
- Friday, January 27: Movie Night, sponsored by the PTO
The PTO is excited to again sponsor this year’s Breakfast with Santa. This annual event will take place this year on Saturday, December 17th from 8:00-10:00. Click here for the flyer and click here for the ticket order form. Deadline to order tickets in advance is Wednesday, December 14th.
A reminder to all parents that cookie dough orders may be picked up from school this Wednesday 12/14, between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. If a parent is unable to pick up their order on Wednesday, they should contact the school and plan a pick-up date.
While it is early, it seems that cold and flu season is beginning! Please remind children to wash their hands with soap regularly and to cover coughs and sneezes. We will do the same here at school. Also, a reminder that children should be fever/vomit/diarrhea free for 24 hours before coming back to school. Please call Mrs. Tuttle to report any confirmed cases of the flu. It is not too late to get a flu shot – consult your pediatrician for more information.
A reminder that we will go outside for recess as often as possible as long as the wind chill is 20 degrees or above. Please have children dress accordingly. In order to play in the snow, students do need to wear snow pants and boots. This week they are projecting very cold temperatures for Thursday and Friday – stay warm everyone!!!
There will be an informational meeting about Girl Scouts on Tuesday, December 13th, from 6:30-8:00, at Ruggles Lane. Click here for the flyer.