Dear Ruggles Family,
Wow! What an opening! The energy in the building this week was palpable. It was so wonderful to again fill our hallways with laughter and learning! As we have said all week, bring it on 2017-2018; we are ready and excited to see what this New Year has in store for our learning community!
We have so much to be thankful for at Ruggles Lane. A few shout outs:
- Thank you to our kids who have big hearts! They welcomed our new students with open arms and brought excitement to this New Year!
- A huge thank you to our staff for working hard to create warm and welcoming learning communities! Our teachers and support staff are a very dedicated group who do their best for our kids each and every day.
- Our Facilities staff is top notch – just wait until you see how amazing the building looks when you visit during Open House on Thursday. They are truly amazing and hard working people!
- Mrs. Consolmagno has worked hard this summer to make sure we are ready for this New Year – thank you for your support and love for this community!
- Mrs. Tuttle always works hard to keep us safe and provide a nurturing environment in the Clinic.
- Thank you to our Central Office team for supporting us this week through your visits and words of encouragement!
- Thank you to the School Committee for supporting a budget that meets the needs of our kids, brings in new programs and replenishes our supplies. For example, we will soon be getting a 3D printer for our STEM class – the kids are excited and so are we!
- And last, but certainly not least, thank you to you, our families, for trusting us with your children each and every day. We are blessed with a supportive adult community who supports us in many different ways.
Should you have any questions or concerns about anything in this newsletter, or any other aspect of your child’s RLS experience, please let us know. Do not hesitate to give us a call, to send an email or to stop by the office!
Julie & Erin
- Friday, September 1: No School
- Monday, September 4: No School
- Week of Monday, September 4: Book Fair
- Week of September 5th & 11th: Hurricane Harvey Gift Card Drive
- Tuesday, September 5: Preschool Opening Day
- Wednesday, September 6: Walking Wednesday, 8:00, Barre Police Department
- Wednesday, September 6: PTO Meeting, 7:00 pm
- Thursday, September 7: Patriots Spirit Day
- Thursday, September 7: Open House (1st-6th), 6:30-7:30
- Wednesday, September 13: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, September 13: Early Release, Professional Development, 11:45 Dismissal
- Wednesday, September 20: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, September 27: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, September 27: Early Release, Professional Development, 11:45 Dismissal
Picture of the Week
6th graders took their new leadership role as the oldest in the building very seriously. Thank you to all of the 6th graders who ride buses for helping our kindergarteners get safely to and from the bus this week. We are looking forward to watching your leadership skills develop this year.
Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts
We were especially reminded of how much we have to be thankful for this week as we watched the news out of Houston. Our hearts are heavy as we see the impact of this hurricane on the region. To support our fellow citizens in Houston, we will be working with our 6th graders to organize a Hurricane Harvey relief project. We have adopted the Tipps Elementary School which is part of the Cypress-Fairbanks School District in northwest Houston. In talking with the Principal yesterday, we agreed that the best way we can help is for Ruggles to run a fundraiser to purchase gift cards so that families and staff members can buy supplies that they need. We will be collecting gift cards for Target, Walmart, Kroger (grocery store), Sam’s Club (similar to BJ’s), Amazon, Lowes and Home Depot. Please do not send in cash or checks. Click here for more information.
We will be raffling off several gift cards Thursday night during Open House to support this effort – you can purchase a ticket for $.50 for a chance to win. If you are willing to donate a gift card of any value, please email Julie. Thank you in advance for your support of our efforts. This will be a powerful lesson for our kids during which we will be radiating respect and love to Houston!
Click here to read an article that describes why monetary donations or gift cards are more helpful during disasters.
Football Spirit Day Thursday
To celebrate the Patriots’ first game of the season, we will be having a Football Spirit Day on Thursday. Students and staff are encouraged to wear spirit wear of their favorite team. If you don’t have any spirit wear, students can wear red, white and blue! Go Pats!!
We’re so excited to see so many new faces at RLS this year – check out the updated staff list by clicking here!