Dear Ruggles Family,
It is hard to believe that we are already one month into the school year and what an amazing month it has been! A lot of time and care is spent in this first month in developing new school families in each of our 24 homerooms. Teachers work hard to establish a community of learners ready to do their best for the rest of this school year!
We wanted to spend time in this newsletter to give a huge shout out to the entire Ruggles Lane family for our efforts to raise money for our adopted school in Houston, Tipps Elementary School. In total, the Quabbin Regional School District, raised $3490 in gift cards that were mailed to Houston on Friday. Ruggles Lane should be proud as we raised $1200 of that total. Thank you for your generosity! We have been communicating with Kari Hough, the Principal at Tipps Elementary. Click here to listen to her message of thanks to our community!
We are looking forward to see what October has in store for our learning community. See below for a listing of school events. Should you have any questions or concerns about anything in this newsletter, or any other aspect of your child’s RLS experience, please let us know. Do not hesitate to give us a call, to send an email or to stop by the office!
Julie & Erin
- Wednesday, October 4: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, October 4: PTO Meeting, 7:00
- Thursday, October 5: Magazine Drive Collection Day
- Friday, October 6: No School, Professional Development Day
- Monday, October 9: No School, Columbus Day
- Week of October 9th: Fire Prevention Week
- Wednesday, October 11: Walking Wednesday
- Thursday, October 12: Magazine Drive Collection Day
- Friday, October 13: Picture Day
- Monday, October 16: Pie Sale Begins
- Wednesday, October 18: Walking Wednesday
- Friday, October 20: PTO Halloween Parade & Party
- Wednesday, October 25: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, October 25: Early Release, Professional Development
Picture of the Week
As part of our raffles for Hurricane Harvey, these three won the Principal for a Day prize. They spent the day with us on Friday learning what it means to be a Principal. Part of our day was spent mailing $3490 worth of gift cards to Tipps Elementary School in Houston. Thank you to the Ruggles Lane family for your generous hearts which make up $1200 of that donation!
Beginning Monday you will see a new friendly face welcoming you to Ruggles Lane. We are excited to have Karen White join our office team. She comes to us from the Groton School where she worked in the Admissions Office for the last 20 years. Prior to that she also worked in the office at Leominster High School. The next time you are in the office, please be sure to welcome her to the team!
Mark your calendars for this year’s Picture Day which will take place on Friday, October 13. Retakes will be Thursday, November 30th.