Dear Ruggles Family,
It is hard to believe that the calendar has now flipped to June! We have packed a lot into the last 165 days and the last 15 days will not disappoint!
Please scroll down to see calendar updates and some important updates about placement for next year. I also want to encourage you to follow either our Facebook account or our Instagram account as those feeds will give you real time updates of the wonderful things that are taking place in each of our learning communities. In addition to our day-to-day updates, stay tuned in the coming two weeks for a glimpse into Walking Wednesday, Field Days, our music concerts, field trips for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and much, much more! As you can see from the list below, we have so much to look forward to in the weeks ahead.
Should you have any questions or concerns about anything in this newsletter, or any other aspect of your child’s RLS experience, please let me know. Do not hesitate to give me a call, to send an email or to stop by the office.
End of Year Events
- Week of June 4: Spring Book Fair (no night shopping hours)
- Wednesday, June 6: Walking Wednesday
- Thursday, June 7: District Wide Music Concerts (all day field trip for participants)
- Thursday, June 7: Music Concert, 8:50
- Friday, June 8: Grade 4 Field Trip
- Friday, June 8: Grade 6 Step-Up Day
- Monday, June 11: K-2 Field Day
- Tuesday, June 12: 3-5 Field Day
- Wednesday, June 13: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, June 13: K-1 Music Concert, 9:30
- Wednesday, June 13: 2-4 Music Concert, 10:30
- Wednesday, June 13: Early Release, 11:45
- Friday, June 15: Grade 2 Field Trip
- Friday, June 15: Grade 3 Field Trip
- Monday, June 18: Camp Putnam Grade 6
- Tuesday, June 19: Barre Town Meeting
- Wednesday, June 20: Walking Wednesday
- Thursday, June 21: 6th Grade Recognition Night, 6:00
- Friday, June 22: Last Day of School
Picture of the Week
Our fourth grade participated in an engineering day this past Friday with tinker kits from Kiwi Co. A subscription gets you one kit a month. Such a cool idea and the kids had a blast! This group learned all about biomechanical engineering through readings and videos and then made their own biomechanical hand – it was so cool! Thank you to the Ruggles Lane PTO for funding this! A huge shout out to the parents who volunteered and made this event possible and to the teachers for organizing this event!
As it is an early release day on June 13th, we anticipate that some families may want to dismiss their children after the concert. While we would prefer the children enjoy the rest of the morning with their classmates, should you like to dismiss your child, please send in a note by June 12th. This will allow us time to organize the dismissals.
As the calendar flips to June, we start planning for the 2018-2019 school year. A major factor in that planning is class placement for students. Click here for a description for that process and how you can get your voice at the table when those decisions are made.
A few families asked if we are going to again pass out placement letters on the last day of school. That decision has not yet been made as the budget for next year, and therefore, the number of sections at Ruggles, has not yet been finalized. We will communicate the plan for the final day of school as we get closer to the end of the school year.