Dear Ruggles Lane Community,
Excited. Proud. Motivated. These three feelings are impressed on me as I begin looking toward the upcoming school year.
I am excited to see what this new school year will bring. While on summer break, I hope you share the feeling that life seems to slow down. Before we all know it, we will be back in full swing offering many new social and academic opportunities. Relaxing on Short Sands beach in York, Maine, offers an opportunity for me to pause, reflect, and look ahead. I encourage you all to find a place and time that allows you to think about new opportunities.
I am proud to be entering my 17th year in the Quabbin Regional School District. My greatest opportunity came with an appointment to Assistant Principal of the Ruggles Lane School. Having spent time in Hardwick, Hubbardston, New Braintree, and Oakham, I am proud to be able to plant my feet in Barre. My wife Kate and I, along with our young daughter Vera and spirited mix breed Pepper, are excited to become part of the RLS community. Once we meet, feel free to share why you are proud to be a member of the RLS and QRSD community.
I am motivated by reading texts that make me a better educator. At times, this could be award-winning children’s literature, picture books with my daughter, or, as is the case this summer, books that will enhance my abilities as an educational leader. Between now and the start of school on August 28th my hope is that all RLS community members are carving out time to read. Please share your summer reading stories when we meet. I love to hear where students and family members find space to complete their best reading.
Whether it be through “Popsicles on the Playground with the Principals” (August 9th – kindergarten only, August 23rd – all school from 3-4), Kindergarten Orientation on August 23rd, or during school drop off and pick up, I look forward to meeting you.
Julie and I are collaborating on defining my role and responsibilities for the upcoming school year. Once those responsibilities are clearly defined, we will reach out and share them with the community.
Enjoy your remaining days of summer break!
- Thursday, August 9, 2:00-3:00: Kindergarten Play Date
- Thursday, August 23, 3:00-4:00: Popsicles on the Playground with the Principals (PreK-6)
- Thursday, August 23, 5:00-6:00: Kindergarten Orientation
- Monday, August 27, 2018: Staff Opening Day
- Tuesday, August 28: Happy New Year!
- Wednesday, August 29: Walking Wednesday
- Friday, August 31: No School
- Monday, September3: No School
- Wednesday, September 5: Walking Wednesday
- Thursday, September 6: Open House, 6:00-7:00
- Friday, September 7: Summer Reading Celebration (Click here for more information)
- Wednesday, September 12: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, September 12: Early Release, 11:45
- Monday, September 17: No School, Professional Development Day
Picture of the Week
The Carlsons can’t wait to meet you!
Click here for a link to our summer reading project.
Click here for a link to supply lists for each grade level. If purchasing supplies is a hardship for your family, please let Julie or Chris know via email and the school will have supplies ready for your child, at his/her desk on opening day. We can also arrange for pick up prior to school starting if you would prefer.
Teacher placement letters were distributed on the last day of school. If your child was absent, please email Julie or Chris and they will let you know your child’s placement.