Dear Ruggles Lane Community,
We are so excited to welcome the children back to school on Tuesday! Our floors are waxed, projects are completed, fresh bulletin boards adorn the walls and the classrooms are filled with new supplies! We are ready for this school year to commence – now all we need are the children 🙂
As we open the doors to a new school year, we want each of you to know that we take our role in your child’s life very seriously. We spend a great deal of time reflecting on the previous year over the summer. Tomorrow the staff will spend time together crafting goals for the year with the theme of “RLS Shoots for the Moon!” We will set resolutions for this new year and we look forward to the opportunities before us.
Should you have any questions or concerns about anything in this newsletter, or any other aspect of your child’s RLS experience, please let me know. Do not hesitate to give me a call, to send an email or to stop by the office.
Julie & Chris
- Monday, August 27, 2018: Staff Opening Day
- Tuesday, August 28: Happy New Year! K students will gather in the cafeteria, 1st and 2nd graders in the Gym. 3rd-6th graders will head straight to class!
- Wednesday, August 29: Walking Wednesday
- Friday, August 31: No School
- Monday, September3: No School
- Wednesday, September 5: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, September 5: PTO Meeting, 7:00
- Thursday, September 6: Open House, 6:00-7:00
- Wednesday, September 12: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, September 12: Early Release, 11:45
- Monday, September 17: No School, Professional Development Day
- Wednesday, September 19: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, September 26: Walking Wednesday
Picture of the Week
Mr. Carlson and Ms. V recorded a bedtime story last week that will be published on Monday, August 27th at 4:00. Families can access this here, through our Facebook page or through an email that will be sent home Monday. We will be reading School’s First Day of School and our excited to share our first virtual read aloud with the children!
Please join us in welcoming our newest staff members to the Ruggles Lane community! We are excited to add each person’s talents to our team.
Click here for more information regarding an affordable insurance policy available to you through the QRSD.
We are excited to provide an opportunity for our Ruggles Readers to share what they are reading throughout the year! Click here for a link to our year-long reading project.
Click here for a link to supply lists for each grade level. If purchasing supplies is a hardship for your family, please let Julie or Chris know via email and the school will have supplies ready for your child, at his/her desk on opening day. We can also arrange for pick up prior to school starting if you would prefer.