Dear Ruggles Lane Community,
Yesterday afternoon as I snuggled into the couch with a good book and the first fire of the season, I was reminded of the power of the small things in life that can have a big impact. A book and a fire by themselves are small things in the grand scheme of life. However, on a cold, rainy October New England day, put together they had a large impact on my mood and the overall nature of my day!
This is also how I feel about our daily morning announcements routine at RLS. This 3-5 minute portion of our day may be small, but the overall impact on the school community is large for many reasons. *We start the day off on a positive note with a consistent routine each day. *Students from every grade are put in a leadership role getting authentic practice with being positive role models. *Every child participates at some point each year. *We practice our patriotism each day. *We share this daily practice with families through social media.
We thought you would enjoy a quick slideshow of many of this year’s Pledge pictures! Our hope moving forward is that each mid-month Barre Blast will include a slideshow of the previous month’s social media pics. Enjoy!
Should you have any questions or concerns about anything in this newsletter, or any other aspect of your child’s RLS experience, please let us know. Do not hesitate to give us a call, to send an email or to stop by the office.
Julie & Chris
- Monday, October 15: On Site Evacuation Drill
- Wednesday, October 17: Walking Wednesday
- Thursday, October 18: Fire Prevention Assemblies, Grades 1 & 2
- Friday, October 19: Professional Development Day, No School
- Wednesday, October 24: Walking Wednesday
- Friday, October 26: PTO sponsored Halloween Parade/Party
- Wednesday, October 31: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, October 31: Early Release, Professional Development
- Wednesday, November 7: Walking Wednesday
- Monday, November 12: No School
- Wednesday, November 14: Walking Wednesday
- Wednesday, 11/21 – Friday, 11/23: Happy Thanksgiving
- Wednesday, November 28: Walking Wednesday
- Thursday, November 29: Picture Retake Day
- Thursday, November 29: 6th Grade Class Picture
- Friday, November 30: Trimester I End
Picture of the Week
A huge shout out goes out to the Barre Fire Department. Last week was Fire Prevention Week and we celebrated in style. Out PK and kinders had the opportunity to explore a rescue squad and two trucks. They also learned all about fire safety during an assembly with some of the firefighters! First and second grade look forward to this annual assembly this coming Thursday.
We are excited to provide an opportunity for our Ruggles Readers to share what they are reading throughout the year! Click here for a link to our year-long reading project.